Connect with us

Media

2022 Golden Globes Cancelled For Lack Of Diversity, Tom Cruise Returns Globes to Headquarters

Published

on

Golden Globes

NBC announced Monday that the 2022 Golden Globes will not be aired. The cancellation follows pressure from studios, stars and much of the film industry on the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) for its lack of diversity.

“Criticism of the HFPA, which puts on the Globes and has been denounced for a lack of diversity and for ethical impropriates” reports the Associated Press. Apparently, the disappointment “reached such a pitch Monday that Tom Cruise returned his three Globes to the press association’s headquarters, according to a person who was granted anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly about the decision.”

Oddly enough, NBC doesn’t think it can right its lack of diversity wrongs by 2022. “However, change of this magnitude takes time and work, and we feel strongly that the HFPA needs time to do it right,” the network said in a statement.

“As such, NBC will not air the 2022 Golden Globes. Assuming the organization executes on its plan, we are hopeful we will be in a position to air the show in January 2023” the statement continued. One of the most left-leaning, liberal organizations is so discriminatory at its core, that it can’t even get an awards show together in a year? If only the hypocrisy were shocking.

NBC’s announcement comes off the heels of a February investigative report by The Los Angeles Times which brought to light its repulsive and “questionable” record on diversity, “including, presently, and no Black members among its roughly 90 voting members.”

The Associated Press writes that although HFPA “has pledged to thoroughly reform, and last week approved a plan to, among other things, diversify its membership. But that hasn’t stopped several studios from threatening to pull out of the Globes.”

In fact, “last week, Netflix and Amazon Studios both said they would cut ties with the HFPA if it didn’t swiftly enact more drastic changes.”

Continue Reading
10 Comments

10 Comments

  1. JD

    May 11, 2021 at 7:48 am

    Please stay away. I don’t ever see them back.

  2. Chance Morgan

    May 11, 2021 at 9:04 am

    Are they putting out an open casting call for tokens?

  3. Linda Meyer

    May 11, 2021 at 9:19 am

    we don’t watch nbc anymore anyway they are too racist

  4. jbs

    May 11, 2021 at 9:25 am

    Sure…it couldn’t be that no one watches that crap anymore.

  5. WILLIAM FLYNN

    May 11, 2021 at 9:27 am

    WHO CARES ?? If they want to be “woke” they can do it without an audience, who are fed up with this BS to start with !

  6. Kenneth

    May 11, 2021 at 9:40 am

    Good now CANCEL late night shows LIKE Fallon ,Kimmel and that OTHER screwball WITH the glasses…NO DIVERSITY! CANCEL NBA ,GOLF ,HOCKEY, FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL, BECAUSE OF NOT ENOUGH DIVERSITY!

  7. Rose

    May 11, 2021 at 10:09 am

    Who gives a hoot about the Golden Globes awards, or for any other “Awards” shows. What a waste of time! Watching “Ridiculousness” is much more entertaining.

  8. gypsykaye

    May 11, 2021 at 10:27 am

    LMFAO. It used to be everything was based on how well someone performed. Color had nothing to do with it. A black man and his husband occupied our WH 8 years. That’s how racist America is. Dems are definitely a few slices of bread short of a full loaf. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. All you dimwit drms need to do is RESEARCH. ????????????

  9. Ljhaynes4

    May 11, 2021 at 11:06 am

    I can only shake my head. With regard to Tom Cruise, the guy never completed high school, so like the rest of Hollywood, I don’t care what they say or do in their personal lives. They are not a mouthpiece for America.

  10. Ray Baumann

    May 12, 2021 at 12:57 pm

    Another show I don’t watch, no loss here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media

All in the Family? Andrew Cuomo’s Brother, CNN’s Chris Cuomo Accused of Sexual Harassment

Published

on

Chris Cuomo

A guest essay written for the New York Times by veteran television journalist and former executive producer Shelley Ross alleges CNN host Chris Cuomo sexually harassed her when they had previously worked together.

The alleged incident occurred when the two worked together at ABC News in 2005 and Ross now wants the host to “journalistically repent” for his behavior of squeezing her buttock without her permission.

“At the time, I was the executive producer of an ABC entertainment special, but I was Mr. Cuomo’s executive producer at ‘Primetime Live’ just before that,” she wrote. “I was at the party with my husband, who sat behind me on an ottoman sipping his Diet Coke as I spoke with work friends. When Mr. Cuomo entered the Upper West Side bar, he walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock.”

Ross added Cuomo said to her, “I can do this now that you’re no longer my boss” and did it “with a kind of cocky arrogance.” Ross said she told him he couldn’t, pushed him off her and revealed her husband was right behind her, and they quickly left the party.

The party was for an ABC colleague’s departure. Later that evening, Cuomo sent her an email, which Ross printed. The email stated, “[T]hough my hearty greeting was a function of being glad to see you … christian slater got arrested for a (kind of) similar act, (though borne of an alleged negative intent, unlike my own)…and as a husband I can empathize with not liking to see my wife patted as such.”

Cuomo added he would like for Ross to pass along an apology to her “very good and noble husband,” and also “I apologize to you as well, for even putting you in su]ch a position.” He added he would remember his lesson the next time he was happy to see her.

Ross writes in her essay, “Mr. Cuomo may say this is a sincere apology. I’ve always seen it as an attempt to provide himself with legal and moral coverage to evade accountability.”

Continue Reading

International

Afghan Journalists Release Photos After Being Severely Beaten by Taliban for Covering Women’s Protest

Published

on

Journalists

Two Afghan journalists, photographer Nematullah Naqdi and reporter Taqi Daryabi were severely beaten by the Taliban for reporting on a women’s protest in Kabul. The two were battered after being beaten with batons, electric cables and whips. The beating occurred after being detained for several hours by Taliban fighters a day earlier.

The two men, who work for Afghan’s media outlet Etilaat Roz, released photos of their bruised bodies once back in their Kabul office, after being released from Taliban custody. Naqdi told Agence France-Presse “One of the Taliban put his foot on my head, crushed my face against the concrete. They kicked me in the head…I thought they were going to kill me.”

Daryabi added “we were in so much pain that we couldn’t move.” Naqdi said he was told “you are lucky you weren’t beheaded” when asked why they were being beaten. When covering a protest on Wednesday outside a Kabul police station calling for an end to Taliban violations of women and girls, Naqdi said a Taliban fighter immediately tried to grab his camera when he began taking photos.

Journalists

The Taliban were also rounding up anyone filming or taking photos of the demonstration, added Naqdi. The two say they were taken to a nearby police station where the beatings took place, only to be released after several hours.

Journalists

The New York Post reports dozens of Afghan reporters have been beaten or accosted in recent weeks since the Taliban has recovered control of Afghanistan. The Taliban, however, claims that they will uphold press freedoms under their new regime. As has been proven time and time again, not much faith, if any, can be placed into anything the Taliban says or promises.

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List