Connect with us

Nation

Biden Admin Brags About Americans Saving $0.16 On Some July 4th Foods

Published

on

Hot dogs

The Biden administration claimed “the Biden economic plan is working” as they bragged this week about Americans being able to save $0.16 on the cost of the total amount of food they’ll consume on July 4th, assuming Americans only buy from the list of 12 items that were evaluated.

The White House posted a tweet making puns about hot dogs and condiments, none of which were part of the list that was used to determine the reduced cost.
“Planning a cookout this year? Ketchup on the news,” the White House tweeted. “According to the Farm Bureau, the cost of a 4th of July BBQ is down from last year. It’s a fact you must hear(d). Hot dog, the Biden economic plan is working. And that’s something we can all relish.”

 

The tweet from the White House included a video that listed items from the Farm Bureau’s list that had gone down in price. Noticeably absent, however, were the items that had increased in price, including:

• 2 pints of strawberries, $5.30 (up 22%)
• 13-ounce bag of chocolate chip cookies, $4.02 (up 11%)
• 8 hamburger buns, $1.66 (up 6%)
• 2.5 pounds of homemade potato salad, $2.75 (up 3%)
• 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, $6.74 (up 1%)

The White House’s claim that “the Biden economic plan is working” required an analysis of cherrypicked items to suggest prices are decreasing. In reality, prices have surged with inflation reaching the highest levels since the 2008 Great Recession. The New York Times reported, “The Consumer Price Index surged 5 percent in May from a year earlier, the Labor Department said on Thursday. Economists had expected an increase of 4.7 percent. Prices rose 0.6 percent from April to May, and an index that excludes volatile food and energy costs rose 3.8 percent from a year earlier, the briskest pace since 1992.”

The 13-year record broken in May was last broken in April, with rates doubling the highest projection made by economists.

As Biden has implemented policies that pay people more to stay unemployed, the United States has seen record levels of open jobs and record-high quit rates. The number of jobs added as the economy recovers from the pandemic recession has consistently been nowhere near the projected numbers. Forbes reported, “The United States added 266,000 jobs in April, according to data released by the Labor Department Friday—much worse than the 1 million job gains economists expected and far fewer than the 916,000 jobs added in March, indicating that the long-tepid labor market recovery is slowing down again even as stocks and corporate earnings rip higher.”

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Mike

    July 3, 2021 at 11:56 am

    Gas is up $1.00 in AZ over last year. I am retired and can’t afford this president and his wasted money.

  2. Dwight Mann

    July 3, 2021 at 8:58 pm

    We were in LOCKDOWN last July fourth, no group gatherings mask mandates, businesses closed, no indoor dining. Toliet paper shortage, food shortages had all started.

  3. Susan Ball Winterscheidt

    July 4, 2021 at 12:11 pm

    Only an idiot would make such a claim. There was no celebrating July 4th last year!!!

  4. Nick

    July 4, 2021 at 5:19 pm

    Just wait. Just wait. Worse is yet to come. This is only the beginning of President Dope’s antics. He lives in a far left world, starving the oxygen out of the country. The Pelosi’s and Shumer’s are in love with this man …. for their own gain in the end. God help us all if President Dope’s sidekick ever gets the nod. Nick

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Chicago 911 Dispatcher says ‘All Hell Has Broken Loose’ Crime is ‘Nonstop’

Published

on

Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images

The liberal run city of Chicago is in a downward spiral suffocated by crime. Few understand what is happening better than 911 dispatchers who have the impossible task of listening to people suffer through crimes, yet unable to help them due to liberal policies creating a violent crime epidemic and police shortage.

Keith Thornton posted a video to Facebook last week saying Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is “a disgrace.” Thornton took it upon himself to warn citizens about which Chicago police district is unavailable due to the staffing shortages.

In an interview with Fox & Friends Thornton said that “all hell has broken loose” in Chicago while local officials have failed to act. “It’s been shenanigans, and it’s just nonstop, day after day. It doesn’t matter if it’s morning time, evening time, whatever –at all hours of the day, there is a massive amount of crime taking place within the city of Chicago.”

“When I’m getting text messages from officers telling me that they’re scared and afraid for their safety because they’re working by themselves, and then the beat next to them would normally back them up, they’re not even there because the cars are down. That’s a problem. It’s a safety concern” Thornton said in an interview with Chicago’s WLS-TV.

Chicago Police Department data shows homicides, shootings, thefts and criminal sexual assaults are all up drastically compared to last year. Lightfoot has not only been a proponent of defunding the police, she also behaved viciously towards law enforcement.

After Chicago Police Officer Ella French was killed during a routine traffic stop, Lightfoot blamed “guns and the violence they bring” for her death. When Lightfoot visited French’s partner who was wounded and fighting for his life at the time at the hospital, dozens of officers at the hospital turned their back on the mayor.

Continue Reading

Nation

It’s Raining Lawsuits on Jussie Smollett; City of Chicago and Nigerian Brothers Suing Actor

Published

on

Jussie Smollett
Jussie Smollett

The City of Chicago has confirmed it will be suing disgraced actor Jussie Smollett. The lawsuit will seek the $130,106.15 “to cover an overtime tab racked up by dozens of officers tasked with investigating Smollett’s claims that he was the victim of an attack”, reports Daily Mail UK.

According to the legal filing, the Chicago Department came to the conclusion to pursue the lawsuit after over two dozen cops spent weeks investigating the fake attack and logged 1,836 hours of overtime as a result.

Daily Mail also noted the Osundairo brothers who were hired by Smollett to stage his attack, plan to continue with their own lawsuit against Smollett’s legal team. According to the Daily Mail, “they’re seeking undisclosed damages after claiming their careers and reputations were damaged in the high-profile hoax.”

After the initial set of charges were dropped against the brothers, Abel and Ola Osundairo, they sued Smollett’s attorneys in April 2019, claiming their careers and reputations were damaged. “They claimed in the defamation lawsuit against lawyers Mark Geragos and Tina Glandian that they were maliciously portrayed as liars in the public” reports Daily Mail.

The lawsuit specifically references how Smollett’s attorneys suggested the brothers ‘might have been wearing white face’ when they attacked him and inferred that Abel had a sexual relationship with Smollett. Abel’s home country of Nigeria prohibits homosexuality. ‘Same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Nigeria, which can result in 14 years of imprisonment…if the accused is married the punishment is death by stoning.’

Therefore, Ms. Glandian’s statements about the brother being a homosexual ‘endangers him and the lives of his Nigerian family’ the lawsuit stated. The brothers’ lawsuit was stayed by a federal judge until the criminal proceedings for Smollett are completed. The brothers’ legal team is expected to file an update to the court by February 2.

Smollett, 39, was just convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct for faking his own attack and now faces jail time. “His sentencing date has not yet been set but he faces a maximum of 20 years in prison.”

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List