Connect with us

Media

BREAKING: Trump Announces Lawsuit Against Facebook, Google and Twitter

Published

on

Donald Trump

Former President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday he brought lawsuits against the largest tech companies that silenced him and many conservatives. Trump is filing suits against Facebook, Twitter and Google, as well as their CEOs.

At a news conference that took place at his Bedminster, New Jersey golf course, the former president said, “Today I’m filing as the lead class representative a major class action lawsuit against the Big Tech giants Facebook, Google and Twitter and [CEO’s] Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey and Sundar Pichai.”

He continued, “we’re demanding an end to the shadow-banning, a stop to the silencing and a stop to the blacklisting, banishing and canceling that you know so well.” He said the suits are a “beautiful development for our freedom of speech” and “we’re going to hold Big Tech very accountable.”

Trump is serving as lead plaintiff in the class-action suits for being wrongfully censored by the individuals and their respective companies. The suits were filed in U.S. District Court for Florida’s southern district.

National Review reports the suit is backed by the America First Policy Institute, a nonprofit launched by former Trump administration members to advance the former president’s policies. Trump was banned from Twitter and temporarily banned from Facebook after the January 6 riots on the United States Capitol.

On January 7th, Zuckerberg said Trump was suspended from the platform because he used it “to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government.” Facebook has extended his ban to at least January of 2023.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media

All in the Family? Andrew Cuomo’s Brother, CNN’s Chris Cuomo Accused of Sexual Harassment

Published

on

Chris Cuomo

A guest essay written for the New York Times by veteran television journalist and former executive producer Shelley Ross alleges CNN host Chris Cuomo sexually harassed her when they had previously worked together.

The alleged incident occurred when the two worked together at ABC News in 2005 and Ross now wants the host to “journalistically repent” for his behavior of squeezing her buttock without her permission.

“At the time, I was the executive producer of an ABC entertainment special, but I was Mr. Cuomo’s executive producer at ‘Primetime Live’ just before that,” she wrote. “I was at the party with my husband, who sat behind me on an ottoman sipping his Diet Coke as I spoke with work friends. When Mr. Cuomo entered the Upper West Side bar, he walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock.”

Ross added Cuomo said to her, “I can do this now that you’re no longer my boss” and did it “with a kind of cocky arrogance.” Ross said she told him he couldn’t, pushed him off her and revealed her husband was right behind her, and they quickly left the party.

The party was for an ABC colleague’s departure. Later that evening, Cuomo sent her an email, which Ross printed. The email stated, “[T]hough my hearty greeting was a function of being glad to see you … christian slater got arrested for a (kind of) similar act, (though borne of an alleged negative intent, unlike my own)…and as a husband I can empathize with not liking to see my wife patted as such.”

Cuomo added he would like for Ross to pass along an apology to her “very good and noble husband,” and also “I apologize to you as well, for even putting you in su]ch a position.” He added he would remember his lesson the next time he was happy to see her.

Ross writes in her essay, “Mr. Cuomo may say this is a sincere apology. I’ve always seen it as an attempt to provide himself with legal and moral coverage to evade accountability.”

Continue Reading

International

Afghan Journalists Release Photos After Being Severely Beaten by Taliban for Covering Women’s Protest

Published

on

Journalists

Two Afghan journalists, photographer Nematullah Naqdi and reporter Taqi Daryabi were severely beaten by the Taliban for reporting on a women’s protest in Kabul. The two were battered after being beaten with batons, electric cables and whips. The beating occurred after being detained for several hours by Taliban fighters a day earlier.

The two men, who work for Afghan’s media outlet Etilaat Roz, released photos of their bruised bodies once back in their Kabul office, after being released from Taliban custody. Naqdi told Agence France-Presse “One of the Taliban put his foot on my head, crushed my face against the concrete. They kicked me in the head…I thought they were going to kill me.”

Daryabi added “we were in so much pain that we couldn’t move.” Naqdi said he was told “you are lucky you weren’t beheaded” when asked why they were being beaten. When covering a protest on Wednesday outside a Kabul police station calling for an end to Taliban violations of women and girls, Naqdi said a Taliban fighter immediately tried to grab his camera when he began taking photos.

Journalists

The Taliban were also rounding up anyone filming or taking photos of the demonstration, added Naqdi. The two say they were taken to a nearby police station where the beatings took place, only to be released after several hours.

Journalists

The New York Post reports dozens of Afghan reporters have been beaten or accosted in recent weeks since the Taliban has recovered control of Afghanistan. The Taliban, however, claims that they will uphold press freedoms under their new regime. As has been proven time and time again, not much faith, if any, can be placed into anything the Taliban says or promises.

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List