Connect with us

Nation

Hero Maid Reports Weapons Cache, Ammunition in Denver Hotel Just Days Before All-Star Game

Sources say 16 long guns, body armor and 1,000+ rounds of ammo found inside hotel room

Published

on

The 2021 MLB All-Star Game logo is displayed at Coors Field. Photo: Kyle Cooper/Colorado Rockies/Getty Images

Denver’s All-Star Baseball Game could have been a very different scenario. A hotel maid alerted cops after she found over a dozen weapons and 1,000 rounds of ammunition at a hotel just two blocks from the All-Star game’s location in downtown Denver.

A report released Saturday said the housekeeper found the weapons inside one of the guest hotel rooms on the eighth floor of the Maven Hotel. The woman is being hailed as a hero for thwarting what police fear could have been a “Las Vegas-style shooting.”

ABC7 Denver reported cops removed 16 long guns, body armor and ammunition from the room. Frighteningly, the hotel room included a balcony that overlooked Denver’s downtown. Three men and a woman were arrested and charged with weapons possessions in connection with the found cache.

The report notes three of the suspects were previous offenders and three have also been charged with intent to distribute drugs. Sources told the station that one of the suspects had recently posted a cryptic message on Facebook saying he would “go out in a big way.”

Police said in the statement Saturday night, “the investigation and arrests were the results of a tip from the public, serving as an excellent example of the critical role the community plays in public safety.”

The Major League Baseball All-Star game’s “Midsummer Classic” will be held Tuesday at Coors Field in the heart of downtown Denver, Colorado. Denver’s ABC 7 reported SWAT teams responded to the hotel which was closed to the public as investigators combed the scene.

Along with the four suspects arrested Friday night, two vehicles were impounded to be processed for possible evidence. One suspect appeared in court Sunday where a judge set his bond at $50,000 cash. The remaining three are expected to appear in court Monday,

The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) released a statement Sunday saying “we have no reason to believe this incident was connected to terrorism or a threat directed at the All-Star Game. We are not aware of any threat to the All-Star Game events, venues, players, or the community at this time.”

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Jack

    July 12, 2021 at 7:46 am

    Like in Las Vegas they will hide what really happened

  2. Carla

    July 12, 2021 at 9:30 am

    Why was the bond only set at $50k and just because the FBI “said” they didn’t know of any imminent danger doesn’t mean anything. They ignored calls from people before other massive shootings took place. They are totally incompetent or stupid…or both.

  3. Barbara Stout

    July 12, 2021 at 3:03 pm

    The perps must not be white…no mention of race

  4. Terri Edwards

    July 12, 2021 at 5:13 pm

    Cannot trust the FBI anymore. The left has weaponized our institutions and hide everything we need to be aware of. This is the masterplan of the global left. Keep them ignorant and in poverty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Chicago 911 Dispatcher says ‘All Hell Has Broken Loose’ Crime is ‘Nonstop’

Published

on

Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images

The liberal run city of Chicago is in a downward spiral suffocated by crime. Few understand what is happening better than 911 dispatchers who have the impossible task of listening to people suffer through crimes, yet unable to help them due to liberal policies creating a violent crime epidemic and police shortage.

Keith Thornton posted a video to Facebook last week saying Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is “a disgrace.” Thornton took it upon himself to warn citizens about which Chicago police district is unavailable due to the staffing shortages.

In an interview with Fox & Friends Thornton said that “all hell has broken loose” in Chicago while local officials have failed to act. “It’s been shenanigans, and it’s just nonstop, day after day. It doesn’t matter if it’s morning time, evening time, whatever –at all hours of the day, there is a massive amount of crime taking place within the city of Chicago.”

“When I’m getting text messages from officers telling me that they’re scared and afraid for their safety because they’re working by themselves, and then the beat next to them would normally back them up, they’re not even there because the cars are down. That’s a problem. It’s a safety concern” Thornton said in an interview with Chicago’s WLS-TV.

Chicago Police Department data shows homicides, shootings, thefts and criminal sexual assaults are all up drastically compared to last year. Lightfoot has not only been a proponent of defunding the police, she also behaved viciously towards law enforcement.

After Chicago Police Officer Ella French was killed during a routine traffic stop, Lightfoot blamed “guns and the violence they bring” for her death. When Lightfoot visited French’s partner who was wounded and fighting for his life at the time at the hospital, dozens of officers at the hospital turned their back on the mayor.

Continue Reading

Nation

It’s Raining Lawsuits on Jussie Smollett; City of Chicago and Nigerian Brothers Suing Actor

Published

on

Jussie Smollett
Jussie Smollett

The City of Chicago has confirmed it will be suing disgraced actor Jussie Smollett. The lawsuit will seek the $130,106.15 “to cover an overtime tab racked up by dozens of officers tasked with investigating Smollett’s claims that he was the victim of an attack”, reports Daily Mail UK.

According to the legal filing, the Chicago Department came to the conclusion to pursue the lawsuit after over two dozen cops spent weeks investigating the fake attack and logged 1,836 hours of overtime as a result.

Daily Mail also noted the Osundairo brothers who were hired by Smollett to stage his attack, plan to continue with their own lawsuit against Smollett’s legal team. According to the Daily Mail, “they’re seeking undisclosed damages after claiming their careers and reputations were damaged in the high-profile hoax.”

After the initial set of charges were dropped against the brothers, Abel and Ola Osundairo, they sued Smollett’s attorneys in April 2019, claiming their careers and reputations were damaged. “They claimed in the defamation lawsuit against lawyers Mark Geragos and Tina Glandian that they were maliciously portrayed as liars in the public” reports Daily Mail.

The lawsuit specifically references how Smollett’s attorneys suggested the brothers ‘might have been wearing white face’ when they attacked him and inferred that Abel had a sexual relationship with Smollett. Abel’s home country of Nigeria prohibits homosexuality. ‘Same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Nigeria, which can result in 14 years of imprisonment…if the accused is married the punishment is death by stoning.’

Therefore, Ms. Glandian’s statements about the brother being a homosexual ‘endangers him and the lives of his Nigerian family’ the lawsuit stated. The brothers’ lawsuit was stayed by a federal judge until the criminal proceedings for Smollett are completed. The brothers’ legal team is expected to file an update to the court by February 2.

Smollett, 39, was just convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct for faking his own attack and now faces jail time. “His sentencing date has not yet been set but he faces a maximum of 20 years in prison.”

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List