Connect with us

Nation

‘HUGE win’: Trump lands Middle East peace agreement with Sudan, third in weeks

“This is one of the great days in the history of Sudan”

Published

on

President Trump has done it again. 

Not once, not twice, but three times.

Sudan will no longer be a name on the State Sponsors of Terrorism list and will begin diplomatic relations with the United States and Israel, the president announced on Friday. 

“HUGE win today for the United States and for peace in the world. Sudan has agreed to a peace and normalization agreement with Israel! With the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, that’s THREE Arab countries to have done so in only a matter of weeks. More will follow!” he tweeted. 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319683876046934016

The Sudan agreement comes just weeks after Trump secured two other historic Middle East peace deals – The Abraham Accords with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates – which established full diplomatic relations between the countries and Israel, according to The Federalist. 

These peace deals facilitated by the Trump Administration are meant to bring “stability, security and prosperity” in the region. 

“This will improve regional security and unlock new opportunities for the people of Sudan, Israel, the Middle East, and Africa,” the joint statement released by the White House said. 

Trump agreed to remove Sudan from the terrorism list after the nation paid $335 million in compensation to American victims of past terror attacks and their families. 

And, removal from the list allows the country to access international aid and financial loans. 

According to the statement, Sudanese Chairman of the Sovereignty Council Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahi joined President Trump to “discuss Sudan’s historic progress towards democracy and opportunities to advance peace in the region.” 

Clearly the conversation went well. 

“This is one of the great days in the history of Sudan,” Trump said, noting that Israel and Sudan have been at war for decades. 

Israel and Sudan have also agreed to begin trade and cooperation negotiations with each other, and will work together on forging “peace in the region.” 

While Sudan previously lived under a “brutal dictatorship,” the statement affirms that the country has recently seen significant progress in “combatting terrorism, building its democratic institutions and improving its relations with its neighbors.” 

The hard work paid off, granting the nation the opportunity to work alongside the U.S. to “restore Sudan’s sovereign immunity and to engage its international partners to reduce Sudan’s debt burdens.” 

But this won’t be the last of the peace deals. 

Trump intends to continue negotiating deals with other Middle Eastern nations, saying there are at least five others, including Saudi Arabia, that want a piece of the president’s peace, The Federalist reports. 

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. NoOne

    October 24, 2020 at 9:09 pm

    Sudan is not part of the middle east

  2. Christopher Logan

    October 25, 2020 at 8:50 am

    Have you actually read a Koran? The only thing that is happening here is that Muslims are lining for handouts. Trusting Muslims is a 1400 year-old proven cultural suicide. Do you think you know more about Islam than this guy? https://www.memri.org/tv/kuwaiti-imam-naji-kharas-permanent-agreements-jews-null-void-abolish-jihad. These deals only empower the enemy. Please stop misleading the public.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Chicago 911 Dispatcher says ‘All Hell Has Broken Loose’ Crime is ‘Nonstop’

Published

on

Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images

The liberal run city of Chicago is in a downward spiral suffocated by crime. Few understand what is happening better than 911 dispatchers who have the impossible task of listening to people suffer through crimes, yet unable to help them due to liberal policies creating a violent crime epidemic and police shortage.

Keith Thornton posted a video to Facebook last week saying Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is “a disgrace.” Thornton took it upon himself to warn citizens about which Chicago police district is unavailable due to the staffing shortages.

In an interview with Fox & Friends Thornton said that “all hell has broken loose” in Chicago while local officials have failed to act. “It’s been shenanigans, and it’s just nonstop, day after day. It doesn’t matter if it’s morning time, evening time, whatever –at all hours of the day, there is a massive amount of crime taking place within the city of Chicago.”

“When I’m getting text messages from officers telling me that they’re scared and afraid for their safety because they’re working by themselves, and then the beat next to them would normally back them up, they’re not even there because the cars are down. That’s a problem. It’s a safety concern” Thornton said in an interview with Chicago’s WLS-TV.

Chicago Police Department data shows homicides, shootings, thefts and criminal sexual assaults are all up drastically compared to last year. Lightfoot has not only been a proponent of defunding the police, she also behaved viciously towards law enforcement.

After Chicago Police Officer Ella French was killed during a routine traffic stop, Lightfoot blamed “guns and the violence they bring” for her death. When Lightfoot visited French’s partner who was wounded and fighting for his life at the time at the hospital, dozens of officers at the hospital turned their back on the mayor.

Continue Reading

Nation

It’s Raining Lawsuits on Jussie Smollett; City of Chicago and Nigerian Brothers Suing Actor

Published

on

Jussie Smollett
Jussie Smollett

The City of Chicago has confirmed it will be suing disgraced actor Jussie Smollett. The lawsuit will seek the $130,106.15 “to cover an overtime tab racked up by dozens of officers tasked with investigating Smollett’s claims that he was the victim of an attack”, reports Daily Mail UK.

According to the legal filing, the Chicago Department came to the conclusion to pursue the lawsuit after over two dozen cops spent weeks investigating the fake attack and logged 1,836 hours of overtime as a result.

Daily Mail also noted the Osundairo brothers who were hired by Smollett to stage his attack, plan to continue with their own lawsuit against Smollett’s legal team. According to the Daily Mail, “they’re seeking undisclosed damages after claiming their careers and reputations were damaged in the high-profile hoax.”

After the initial set of charges were dropped against the brothers, Abel and Ola Osundairo, they sued Smollett’s attorneys in April 2019, claiming their careers and reputations were damaged. “They claimed in the defamation lawsuit against lawyers Mark Geragos and Tina Glandian that they were maliciously portrayed as liars in the public” reports Daily Mail.

The lawsuit specifically references how Smollett’s attorneys suggested the brothers ‘might have been wearing white face’ when they attacked him and inferred that Abel had a sexual relationship with Smollett. Abel’s home country of Nigeria prohibits homosexuality. ‘Same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Nigeria, which can result in 14 years of imprisonment…if the accused is married the punishment is death by stoning.’

Therefore, Ms. Glandian’s statements about the brother being a homosexual ‘endangers him and the lives of his Nigerian family’ the lawsuit stated. The brothers’ lawsuit was stayed by a federal judge until the criminal proceedings for Smollett are completed. The brothers’ legal team is expected to file an update to the court by February 2.

Smollett, 39, was just convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct for faking his own attack and now faces jail time. “His sentencing date has not yet been set but he faces a maximum of 20 years in prison.”

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List