Connect with us

COVID-19

LA County BANS outdoor dining, limits purchase of toilet paper

Health officials just imposed a three-week ban on all in-person dining, even outdoors. 

Published

on

Perhaps one of the only normal aspects of the new pandemic lifestyle, for many, is outdoor dining. After months of being stuck at home, people were craving any sense of normalcy, and going to eat outdoors at their favorite restaurant provided it. 

With winter approaching, restaurants across the country have spent loads of time and money modifying their outdoor seating arrangements, putting up tents, lights, heaters and more to ensure the comfort – and safety – of their patrons. 

But, in Los Angeles County, all that hard work is going to waste, as health officials just imposed a three-week ban on all in-person dining, even outdoors. 

“To reduce the possibility for crowding and the potential for exposures in settings where people are not wearing their face coverings, restaurants, breweries, wineries and bars will only be able to offer take-out, drive thru and delivery services,” officials announced Sunday. 

“Wineries and breweries may continue their retail operations adhering to current protocols. In person dining will not be allowed, at minimum, for the next 3 weeks, the announcement continued. 

The new ban is set to take effect Wednesday at 10 p.m. 

“Last week, Los Angeles County established thresholds for additional actions if the five-day average of cases is 4,000 or more or hospitalizations are more than 1,750 per day, to restrict in-person dining and restaurants, breweries, wineries and bars,” the announcement said, adding that the five-day average currently stands at 4,097. 

If the number rises to 4,500 or more and hospitalizations increase to 2,000 or more per day, the county will issue a mandatory stay-at-home order. 

“Public Health reminds everyone to stay at home as much as possible for the next two to three weeks to change the trajectory of surging cases and save lives. COVID-19 can be unintentionally spread to other people unless we all practice the simple safety precautions that prevent the spread,” the announcement said. “Virus transmission can be significantly reduced if we all keep distance from others who we don’t live with, always wear a face covering properly over our nose and mouth, and wash our hands frequently.” 

Amid this spike, retailers throughout the Golden State have also begun to limit purchases of toilet paper as the item becomes scarce once again, BizPacReview reports. 

“We put the limits on out of caution. The supply chain’s in a better position to handle this rush,” Kevin Curry, president of Albertsons’ Southern California division told the Los Angeles Times. 

This new restriction is undoubtedly going to hit businesses hard after months of preparing their outdoor spaces to comply with the rules. 

“L.A. County’s #COVID19 messaging has been all over the place since the beginning, despite paying PR firms $3 million. They now announce a knockout blow to restaurants via a tweet, and provide zero supporting science backing the idea that outdoor dining is fueling the spread,” FOXLA correspondent Bill Melugin tweeted. 

“L.A. County should reimburse every single one of these businesses that spent thousands making modifications to move outdoors and retrofit for safety,” he continued. “Maybe start with some of those fat county salaries? None of the people making the decisions have to worry about their livelihoods,” he added. 

Leo Terrell described the ban as “ridiculous and shameful” in a tweet.

“California has been taken over  by Socialists. Effective Wednesday, no outdoor dining at all in Los Angeles County,” he said.

“Democrats are destroying the economy by using COVID-19 as an excuse to control our ives. Ridiculous and Shameful,” he added.

Terrell also called the shutdown a loss of liberty.

“I cannot take these arbitrary shut downs and/or lockdowns. We have to do something about this,” he said.

“We are losing our freedom and our liberties in California and throughout this country,” he added.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Joe

    November 24, 2020 at 6:59 am

    I’m sure the Sh%$ will hit the fan on this one. Lmao

  2. Anthony Sakal

    November 24, 2020 at 7:41 am

    It’s called Marshall Law. They will not tell you that and if you object and resist you will be considered an enemy of the State. The First Amendment prevents Government from prevent people from assembling. The idea of preventing healthy people from interacting to prevent them from getting a disease government is prohibited from doing. People make choices as to whether they wish to take risks. We cannot be forced to stay home, to leave home, to follow, to remain or do anything that we wish not to do. It started with Obamacare where we were required to pay a fee for health insurance we did not want. If you yield on things like that you can expect things like this.

  3. Susan Bean

    November 24, 2020 at 8:48 am

    People are going to have to rise up & say no to these lockdowns. It will only get worse if we don’t.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

COVID-19

Kamala Harris Tests Positive For COVID-19

Published

on

Kamala Harris

On Tuesday, the White House announced that Vice President Kamala Harris has tested positive for COVID-19 and is not currently showing symptoms.

“Today, Vice President Harris tested positive for COVID-19 on rapid and PCR tests,” said Kirsten Allen, press secretary to the vice president. “She has exhibited no symptoms, will isolate and continue to work from the Vice President’s residence. She has not been a close contact to the President or First Lady due to their respective recent travel schedules. She will follow CDC guidelines and the advice of her physicians. The Vice President will return to the White House when she tests negative.”

Harris wrote on Twitter that she was going to continue to isolate and is showing no symptoms.

“Today I tested positive for COVID-19. I have no symptoms, and I will continue to isolate and follow CDC guidelines. I’m grateful to be both vaccinated and boosted,” Harris tweeted.

Harris last reportedly saw President Biden at the Easter Egg Roll on April 18 before leaving for California, which she returned from on April 25.

The vice president has been vaccinated against COVID-19 and has received two booster shots, receiving the second booster on April 1.

“Yesterday I received my second COVID-19 booster shot,” Harris tweeted on April 2. “We know that getting vaccinated is the best form of protection from this virus and boosters are critical in providing an additional level of protection. If you haven’t received your first booster—do it today.”

Continue Reading

COVID-19

At Least 3 US Airlines Will Restore Flight Privileges To Some Mask Violators

Published

on

At least three major U.S. airlines – Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and American Airlines – have now said they will allow some passengers who were banned from their planes over mask violations to have their flight privileges restored – determined on a case-by-case basis.

On Wednesday, Delta released a statement saying, “At Delta, nothing is more important than the safety and security of our customers and our people. With masks now optional, Delta will restore flight privileges for customers on the mask non-compliance no-fly list only after each case is reviewed and each customer demonstrates an understanding of their expected behavior when flying with us.”

“Any further disregard for the policies that keep us all safe will result in placement on Delta’s permanent no-fly list. Customers who demonstrated egregious behavior and are already on the permanent no-fly list remain barred from flying with Delta,” the statement added.

United Airlines similarly announced it will allow passengers it banned for not following mask rules to be allowed to fly again.

“On a case-by-case basis, we will allow some customers who were previously banned for failing to comply with mask-related rules to fly United again — after ensuring their commitment to follow all crewmember instructions on board,” United Airlines said in a statement.

American Airlines will also allow passengers banned for violating mask rules “to resume travel at some point in time,” according to the company’s chief government affairs officer, Nate Gatten.

“In cases where an incident may have started with face mask noncompliance and escalated into anything involving something more serious, or certainly an assault on one of our key members or customers, those passengers are going to remain on our permanent internal refuse list and will never be allowed to travel with us again,” Gatten said.

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List