Connect with us

Nation

Mike Pence Condemns FBI Raid On Mar-A-Lago

Published

on

On Tuesday, former Vice President Mike Pence slammed the FBI for its controversial raid on former President Donald Trump’s home, saying the unprecedented move “undermines public confidence” in the Department of Justice.

“I share the deep concern of millions of Americans over the unprecedented search of the personal residence of President Trump,” Pence wrote in a Twitter thread. “No former President of the United States has ever been subject to a raid of their personal residence in American history.”

“After years where FBI agents were found to be acting on political motivation during our administration, the appearance of continued partisanship by the Justice Department must be addressed,” he continued.

“Yesterday’s action undermines public confidence in our system of justice and Attorney General Garland must give a full accounting to the American people as to why this action was taken and he must do so immediately,” Pence added.

Notably, Pence and Trump have become increasingly at odds since the January 6th Capitol Riot. During an interview in June, Pence said that he and Trump have gone their “separate ways over the last year.”

“We parted very amicably on Jan. 20,” Pence told Fox News. “I don’t know if the president and I will ever see eye to eye on my duties on Jan. 6, but, in the aftermath of that tragic day, we sat down, and we talked through it. And then we rolled our sleeves up and finished the final weeks of our administration working together.”

“We parted very amicably,” he continued. “And we spoke in the months that followed us leaving office—we spoke with some regularity. And now, I think we’ve kind of gone our separate ways over the last year, but I’ll always be proud of the record we created.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Leo's Hot List