Connect with us

COVID-19

Newsom (finally) lifts California stay-at-home order, outdoor dining ban

It only took a recall petition with 1.2 million signatures to get Newsom to reopen the state of California.

Published

on

It only took a recall petition with 1.2 million signatures to get Newsom to reopen the state of California. 

Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Monday the end to the Golden State’s stay-at-home order and outdoor dining ban, which have both been in effect since December. 

The California Department of Public Health said in a press release that the stay-at-home order had been entirely lifted, and that outdoor dining “may resume immediately.” 

“Californians heard the urgent message to stay home as much as possible and accepted that challenge to slow the surge and save lives,” Dr. Tomás Aragón, CDPH director and state public health officer, said in a statement. 

“Together, we changed our activities knowing our short-term sacrifices would lead to longer-term gains,” he added. 

On Sunday evening, the California Restaurant Association said sources told them that Newsom would soon lift the orders in a letter to its members, according to KABC-TV. 

“Senior officials in the Newsom administration informed us that the Governor will announce tomorrow that the stay-at-home order will be lifted in all regions of the state,” the CRA said in the letter. 

This comes after the governor faced litigation over the dining restrictions. Restaurant owners have argued that outdoor dining does not have any direct correlation to the spike in California’s coronavirus cases, Politico reports. 

Newsom originally ordered Californians in five regions – North California, Bay Area, Greater Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley and Southern California – to stay at home “as much as possible” on December 3, according to the Daily Caller

“We are at a tipping point in our fight against the virus and we need to take decisive action now to prevent California’s hospital system from being overwhelmed in the coming weeks,” Newsom said in a December statement. 

The announcement will enable salons and barbershops to resume outdoor appointments as well. 

However, county health officials could still try to impose their own restrictions, as the governor has allowed local leaders to take the reins in their own counties. 

On Sunday, California reported 21,680 new coronavirus cases and 300 deaths, according to data compiled by the New York Times. Thus, 54 of the state’s 58 counties remain in California’s most restrictive tier status. 

This announcement comes amidst an overwhelming call to oust Gov. Newsom for his egregious coronavirus response. Recall organizers say they have collected 1.2 million petition signatures, inching closer to the 1.5 million needed to place the recall on a ballot. 

And they still have until mid-March to reach the threshold. 

Newsom’s missteps have fired up republicans who signaled they are likely candidates, including former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and Newsom’s 2018 rival, businessman John Cox, KUSI reports. 

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Anne

    January 26, 2021 at 12:43 am

    Sign the recall petition California residents! This was never a science based lockdown, this was a political vendetta by an arrogant tyrant. He will do even worse given the chance. Think about what he did just to get rid of Trump and how many people he sacrificed for his own agenda!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COVID-19

BLM Leader Vows to ‘Abolish’ NYC Mayor De Blasio’s Vax Passports

Says ‘Free Pass to Racism’,  ‘Modern-Day Freedom Papers’

Published

on

Chivona Newsome

New York Mayor Bill De Blasio’s vaccine mandates and consequential vaccine passports necessary to enter most bars and restaurants in the city are being dubbed racist by a Black Lives Matter leader.

Chivona Newsome co-founded the Greater New York Chapter of BLM and also ran as a congressional candidate in 2020 for New York’s 15th district sent a statement to Fox News explaining the claims of racism.

“Although Mayor Bill De Blasio ran on progressives values, nothing in his tenure will attest to his campaign promises,” Newsome stated. “The September 13th vaccine mandate is racist and specifically targets Black New Yorkers. The vaccination passports are modern-day Freedom Papers, which limit the free will of Black people.”

De Blasio’s mandates went into effect September 13, ordering indoor establishments making patrons show proof of vaccination before entering. Businesses can face fines up to $5,000 for not complying. On September 20, the Mayor’s office announced it had already issued 3,200 warnings to businesses in the first week.

Newsome continued, “The vaccination mandates infringe upon the civil liberties of the Black community…It’s more than where we can dine or enjoy entertainment, it will result in loss of income. As of Monday, September 27, Black health care workers and educators will lose their jobs.”

Newsome’s concerns for minorities and repercussions such as losing jobs is the same reasoning hundreds of groups and unions across the country have stood up against Biden’s vaccine mandate. Postal workers, Police unions, Nurse Unions and Hospital administrators are all amongst those expressing outrage.

Newsome says De Blasio’s actions are a direct attack on black Americans, and he “chose to disenfranchise and force the very people who elected him into poverty and second-class citizenship.”

She explained that de Blasio is, “fully aware of the hesitancy and distrust people of African descent have about vaccination and their interactions with government and law enforcement.” Newsome concluded, “the vaccination passport will not be a free pass to racism. Our organization pledges to demonstrate until the vaccine mandate is abolished.”

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Wuhan Scientists Wanted to Release Coronaviruses 21 Months Before Pandemic

Whistleblower Says China Deliberately Released Virus at ’19 Military Games

Published

on

Wuhan

Wuhan Scientists Wanted to Release Coronaviruses 21 Months Before Pandemic, Whistleblower Says China Deliberately Released Virus at ’19 Military Games

The Daily Mail reported on some bombshell revelations with regard to China and the coronavirus pandemic. Among the stunning pieces of information is the discussion of releasing the coronavirus had occurred before the pandemic, as well as a whistleblower alleging the virus was purposely released by Chinese officials in 2019.

The Daily Mail reports:

Scientists in the Chinese city where Covid emerged planned to alter coronaviruses and release them into bat caves 21 months before the pandemic kicked off, leaked documents have revealed.

Dr Peter Daszak, president of New York-based EcoHealth Alliance, proposed working with a group of scientists from the Wuhan Institute of Virology to carry out the research.

The experts wanted to genetically enhance coronaviruses and release them among bats in Yunnan — around 1,240miles (2,000km) south west of Wuhan — in the hopes it would stop new viruses jumping from bats to humans…

They also wanted to create a genetically enhanced virus that could infect humans easier, according to papers unearthed last night.

Researchers asked the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) for $14.2million (£10.4million) cash to fund the project. But it turned the proposal down over concerns it would put ‘local communities at risk’…

…The proposals — called the DEFUSE project — were released by Drastic, a group of international scientists looking into the origins of the pandemic, which were passed details of the plans by a whistleblower.

Scientists have said the documents are genuine, but it is impossible to confirm.
Drastic said the documents show that EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology ‘attempted to carry out advanced and dangerous human pathogenicity bat coronavirus research that would clearly qualify as gain of function’.

‘Peter Daszak and the EcoHealth Alliance proposed injecting deadly chimeric bat coronaviruses collected by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into humanised and “batified” mice,’ Drastic said.

The project aimed to determine the risk of coronaviruses and develop methods to prevent outbreaks.

Additionally, a whistleblower “has sensationally claimed China deliberately spread Covid at a military tournament two months before the rest of the world knew about the deadly virus” reports the Daily Mail:

Ex-Chinese Communist Party insider Wei Jingsheng said The World Military Games in October 2019 — two months before China told the World Health Organization about the first cases — could have acted as the virus’ first super-spreader event.

The international tournament for military athletes was held in Wuhan – the origin of the Covid-19 pandemic – two months before China notified the World Health Organisation about its first cases.

Mr Jingsheng claimed it was no coincidence some of the 9,000 international athletes who gathered for the event reportedly became sick with a mystery illness.

‘I thought the Chinese government would take this opportunity to spread the virus during the Military Games, as many foreigners would show up there,’ he told the new Sky News documentary What Really Happened in Wuhan.

The whistleblower claimed he had heard of the Chinese government carrying out an ‘unusual exercise’ during the games.

‘[I knew] of the possibility of the Chinese government using some strange weapons, including biological weapons, because I knew they were doing experiments of that sort,’ he said.

His claims were supported by the former Principal China Adviser to the US State Department Miles Yu.

He said French, German and American athletes were among those to fall ill at the tournament with Covid-like symptoms, but were never tested for the virus.

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List