Connect with us

International

Russia Blocked 45 Buses Sent to Evacuate Civilians, Seized Humanitarian Aid

Published

on

Mariupol
Photo by ARIS MESSINIS/AFP via Getty Images

Ukrainian officials warned that the Russian government was not to be trusted in its announcements that they were to begin withdrawing troops, or other promises. On Thursday the Ukrainian government said Russian forces lied on yet another promise.

Russian forces blocked 45 buses that were sent to evacuate civilians from the besieged port city of Mariupol, after humanitarian corridors were promised. Only 631 people were able to escape the city, but in private cars.

The Associated Press reports that Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said late Thursday that only 12 Ukrainian buses with humanitarian aid left for Mariupol, but the Russia forces stopped the buses and seized 14 tons of food and medicine.

On Thursday, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said the first half-dozen shipments of assistance has been sent to Ukraine as part of President Biden’s $800 million aid package. The shipments include anti-tank weapons, stinger anti-aircraft missile systems, body armor, medical supplies and other material.

Speaking in a video address to the nation on Thursday night, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky urged Ukrainians not to stop fighting and warned of Russian war tactics. Zelensky said it was heartening to see some Russian troops retreating from north of Kyiv, but stated withdrawal was just a tactic.

Zelensky said the Russian forces are escalating in the southeast, building up for new powerful attacks. Vereshchuk said approximately 45,000 Mariupol residents have been forcefully deported to Russia and areas of eastern Ukraine that are controlled by Russian-backed separatists.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. In your bullshit

    April 4, 2022 at 2:40 am

    Total misinformation and pure fabricated lies

  2. Stuart Barnes

    April 4, 2022 at 11:13 am

    Putin must die. Biden has killed humanity. Democrats have brought hell to this earth. Trump acquitted in impeachment trials. Stupid dumb Democrats. Off with Psaki’s lying head.

  3. jan

    April 11, 2022 at 6:11 pm

    Zelensky is a puppet and a liar

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

International

Report: Ukraine Sunk Russian Warship By Using US Intel

Published

on

Ukraine sunk the Russian warship Moskva last month using United States intelligence, according to a new report from NBC News.

“A guided missile cruiser carrying a crew of 510, the Moskva was the flagship of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet,” NBC News reported. “It sank on April 14 after being struck by two Ukrainian Neptune anti-ship missiles, U.S. officials said. Moscow said the vessel sank after a fire. The Moskva was the largest Russian warship sunk in combat since World War II. American officials said there were significant Russian casualties, but they don’t know how many.”

“The attack happened after Ukrainian forces asked the Americans about a ship sailing in the Black Sea south of Odesa, U.S. officials told NBC News,” the outlet added. “The U.S. identified it as the Moskva, officials said, and helped confirm its location, after which the Ukrainians targeted the ship.”

The news comes the day after a report from The New York Times revealed that the United States has provided Ukraine with intelligence on Russian military units that has enabled the country to kill multiple Russian generals.

“The targeting help is part of a classified effort by the Biden administration to provide real-time battlefield intelligence to Ukraine,” The New York Times reported. “That intelligence also includes anticipated Russian troop movements gleaned from recent American assessments of Moscow’s secret battle plan for the fighting in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine, the officials said. Officials declined to specify how many generals had been killed as a result of U.S. assistance.”

“The United States has focused on providing the location and other details about the Russian military’s mobile headquarters, which relocate frequently,” the outlet added. “Ukrainian officials have combined that geographic information with their own intelligence — including intercepted communications that alert the Ukrainian military to the presence of senior Russian officers — to conduct artillery strikes and other attacks that have killed Russian officers.”

Continue Reading

International

Putin’s Personal Cameraman Quit After Recording His Invasion Speech

Published

on

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s personal cameraman, Ilya Filatov, reportedly quit his job immediately after filming Putin’s announcement that he would be invading Ukraine.

The timing of Filatov’s exit from a job that he had for over a decade led to speculation that he actually faced dismissal because of negative comments he allegedly made about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

However, Filatov “denies this version,” according to independent Russian news site The Insider, which is banned in Russia. Filatov claims that he quit because he “reached the ceiling in the profession” and that he was “tired of sitting in quarantine for many months,” which he was required to do to reduce the likelihood he could contract COVID-19 and infect Putin.

Filatov’s sudden departure from his long time role as Putin’s cameraman was part of a pattern of Russian employee exits following comments suggesting opposition to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. As explained by The Insider, “Since the beginning of Russia’s military invasion of Ukraine, one by one employees of Russian TV channels have been fired or left the frame. On April 21, Alexander Gurevich, the host of the One Hundred to One program, resigned from the VGTRK . Prior to this, anti-war comments on his behalf appeared under the episodes of the show on YouTube. In March, it became known that Zhanna Agalakova, an employee of Channel One, quit , and journalist Vadim Glusker quit NTV.”

The Insider also noted how Marina Ovsyannikova, an employee of Channel One, “broke into the live newscast for a few seconds with a poster “Stop the war! Don’t believe the propaganda, they lie to you here.” Before the action, she recorded a video message in which she condemned the actions of the Russian army on the territory of Ukraine. On March 15, the journalist was fined 30,000 rubles. In April, she became a freelance correspondent for the German Welt.”

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List