Connect with us

Immigration

VIDEO: Smugglers Leave 5-Year-Old Boy at Border

Published

on

A gut-wrenching video shows a young 5-year-old boy begging “don’t leave” as he was abandoned at the Texas border. Sadly, the boy was begging human smugglers not to leave him alone after his parents did not pick him up. “Where are you going? …No, no no. Don’t leave” sobs the scared little boy holding a teddy bear.

Video of the traumatic interaction was caught on a cellphone video and obtained by Agence France-Presse (AFP). On the video, a man and a woman are seen “helping the young boy across the Rio Grande river but then leaving him by a barbed-wire wall at an underpass marking the border between Ciudad Juarez and El Paso, Texas, last Thursday” reports The New York Post.

The woman told AFP that the child’s parents live in the United States and the boy is from Mexico. Moments after the man and woman turn to walk away from the young boy, Border Patrol agents spot the child and pick him up.

The Post reports of another incident that occurred in April when another frightened boy found Border Patrol agents driving by and approached them. He said he had been left by smugglers in Texas. “I came with a group. They dumped me, and I don’t know where they are…they can rob me, kidnap me. I am afraid” the boy cries in Spanish.

The New York Post reports:

The heartbreaking videos come as the Biden administration still struggles to respond to the crisis at the border caused by unaccompanied children arriving alone.

According to statistics from US Customs and Border Protection, the number of encounters with children at the southern border has climbed 163 percent in the past year, from last March to this March.

The figures also show that Border Patrol agents detained 17,171 unaccompanied children in April, down from 18,960 in March.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. TMJA

    June 2, 2021 at 9:42 am

    FINISH BUILDING PRESIDENT TRUMPS ALREADY.
    This president and so called Vice president are ruining this Beautiful country. Sometimes I believe it’s intentional. We desperately need President Donald J. Trump back in office.T

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Immigration

DeSantis to Legislate Ban Working With Contractors who Help Biden’s ‘Mass Human Smuggling Operation’

Published

on

Ron DeSantis

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis told Fox News’ The Ingraham Angle when it comes to helping illegal immigrants do things, well, illegally, he wants the perpetrators to have consequences.

Speaking specifically about contractors who are flying illegal immigrants around the country, DeSantis said, “They’ve done over 70 flights in the last six months, dump people here. And we had – a few weeks ago – one of those people that Biden dumped, ended up committing a murder in northeast Florida.”

“Our view is, if they’re going to be dumping, we want to be able to facilitate transfer to places like Delaware, and, so, we have $8 million in my new budget to be able to do that” he added. He is also looking to pass legislation which will ban contractors who work with the Biden administration on the flights from doing business with the state of Florida.

We are going to pass legislation that says if you are facilitating Biden’s policies—which is effectively a mass human smuggling operation—you are not going to be able to do business with the state of Florida or other local governments,” DeSantis said.

Fox News reports “DeSantis’s office has previously claimed that the Biden administration has flown migrants to Jacksonville, Fla., in order to ease crowding at border facilities.”

“On average, there’s 36 passengers on each of these flights. And that has been going on over the course of the summer through September,” Florida public safety czar Larry Keefe told the Washington Examiner in November.

Earlier this year, White House press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed a New York Post report that the administration was flying migrants from Texas to New York. Psaki said unaccompanied minors on those flights were “en route to their final destination to be reunified with their parents or vetted sponsor” reports Fox News.

Continue Reading

Immigration

Former DEA Agent who Conspired with Colombian Cartel Sentenced to 12 Years

Published

on

Jose Irizarry

Despite his attorney’s interesting defense that “when my client joined the DEA he was schooled in how to be corrupt” former agent Jose Irizarry has been sentenced. The former U.S. narcotics agent “used his badge to build a lavish lifestyle of expensive cars, parties on yachts and Tiffany jewels” reports NBC News.

Irizarry was sentenced to “more than 12 years in federal prison Thursday for conspiring to launder money with a Colombian cartel.” Irizarry admitted to his crimes, but the defense for his case was to blame his former colleagues at the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

“When my client joined the DEA he was schooled in how to be corrupt, he was schooled in how to break the law” said his attorney Maria Dominguez in court. “In this alternate universe it became easier and less suspect to accept money and gifts” from criminal informants who worked with the narcotics agency.

In handing down her sentence Thursday, U.S. District Court Judge Charlene Honeywell addressed any failings by the DEA for its handling of corrupt agents by “the allure of easy money.” She said it also needed to be investigated.

“This has to stop…you were the one who got caught but it is apparent to this court that there are others.” NBC News reports:

Irizarry’s allegations underscore the porous oversight he received during his career, in which he was entrusted with the government’s use of front companies, shell bank accounts and couriers to combat international drug trafficking.

They also raise new questions about whether his colleagues in the Miami field office, where Irizarry’s criminal activity began, similarly abused the badge in their handling of confidential informants who every year move tens of millions of dollars in dirty money under the DEA’s supervision.

Dominguez in court filings revealed that since Irizarry’s arrest last year he has met with prosecutors for “endless hours” to provide information on the criminal activities of “fellow law-enforcement agents who initiated him in a life of crime.”

Honeywell recently sealed “sensitive” documents filed in the criminal case, saying their disclosure could potentially impede an ongoing criminal investigation, cause targets to flee and hinder cooperation from other witnesses. So far, other than Irizarry’s wife, Nathalia Gomez-Irizarry, and a Colombian customs worker, nobody else has been charged in the conspiracy.

Continue Reading

Leo's Hot List