Connect with us

International

WH: Biden Just Releasing Statement To Honor 13 Servicemembers Killed In Terrorist Attack Last Year

Published

on

Joe Biden

On Monday, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that President Biden was honoring the 13 American servicemembers who died in a terrorist attack in Kabul during the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan one year ago by only releasing a statement.

“Does he plan to speak to the American people? Does he plan to honor the lives of the 13 servicemembers?” a reporter asked.

“Last week, on Friday, the president released a statement where he named each of the 13 troops who were tragically killed that day. The president feels deeply about the loss that was suffered one year ago,” Jean-Pierre said.

“And, as he said in that statement just this past Friday, he feels strongly that we owe their families support for the rest of their lives. We are never going to stop seeking justice for those who were involved in planning the attack or for terrorists who threaten their homeland in any way,” she added.

On Friday, President Biden told reporters that he had not spoken to any family members of the soldiers who were killed that day.

“Mr. President, have you spoken to any of the family members of the 13 soldiers who died last year in Afghanistan?” a reporter asked.

“Not today, but I have spoken in the past,” Biden said.

During the Biden administration’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan last year, terrorists bombed the Kabul airport, killing over 200 people and 13 U.S. service members. The attack was the deadliest on U.S. troops since 2011.

In response to the attack, Biden said, “To those who carried out this attack, as well as anyone who wishes America harm, know this: We will not forgive.  We will not forget.  We will hunt you down and make you pay.  I will defend our interests and our people with every measure at my command.”

Biden’s vow was followed by his decision to order a drone strike on a suspected ISIS member. However, according to a report from the New York Times, the man targeted was actually “Zemari Ahmadi, a longtime worker for a U.S. aid group.”

Biden’s retaliatory drone strike ended up killing 10 civilians, including 7 children, – and zero terrorists. Notably, the Biden administration originally claimed that there were no civilian casualties.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Leo's Hot List